We’re located just 22 minutes from University of Pennsylvania Hospital and Center City Philadelphia. Just 12 minutes south of Trenton, NJ’s Capital City and the Trenton Thunders, and 10 minutes north of Historic Camden, NJ, “Home of the River Sharks”, Sony Theatre, Aquarium, and paddle boat to Philadelphia’s Penn’s Landing on the Delaware River.
- The new light rail train, The River Line, is just three blocks from our complex and we can pick up at the Beverly-Edgewater Park train station. To make arrangements in advance, please call our cell phone at 609-433-7978. The Philadelphia International Airport is about a half hour west of our location, and easily accessible via any of the five bridges crossing the Delaware River and heading north on Route 130. We are located three miles south of the Burlington Bristol Bridge. Call any time and we will vector you in!
- Other attractions in this area include the 300 year old capital of West Jersey, known as Burlington City, NJ. There are seven restored homes available for daily tours through the Historic Society in town. The five star French restaurant called Café Gallery sits on Burlington’s water front, but if more casual dining is needed Curtin Hope Marina has a “deck dining area” (in season) on the Delaware River.
- Dunk’s Ferry Inn @ Whitebriar is located within a block of a great Chinese Restaurant (take out can be brought back to the Inn) and the best pizza and meals in town at Cindy’s Deli Pizza Shop, just down the street a few blocks (they deliver).
- The Green Cafe @ Whitebriar - Now open! Call in your order and pick up at our "Old Bank" drive in window. We specialize in “going green” and “organic” foods, home made by the chef/owners of Whitebriar. It is an expansion of the Gift Shop/Antique Store, visitor’s center, and welcome area in a homey setting. We offer anything from a cup of tea to a full dinner of soups, salads, quiche on a bed of fancy greens, prize winning coffee cake and other organic delights. Homemade jams, jellies, dried organic herbs, and snacks are available from 7am-7pm daily.
All kayaking is at your own risk. Disclosure form to be signed before departure. Children eight years old and up, who have advanced water experience and can swim well, are welcome to join with a swimming adult.
- Now available: Kayaking on the Delaware River! Rent your kayaks, paddles, PFD’s here at Whitebriar, and our truck will transport you (to and fro) three blocks to the foot of Cooper Street, where you can practice in the “Olde Coal Wharf Cove”, before setting your bow to explore the Historic Homes along the Riverbank, normally not viewed from public roads. Also included, flora and fauna of the river and its banks. For $50/3 hour tour, a guide can be provided with reservations in advance. Advanced kayaking trips can also be planned. Speak to the professional guide for more information.